Portico Pain Creams customized by your physician just for you and your unique needs
Compounded topical pain creams provide practical, local, multimodal pain therapy that specifically targets the site of pain through various drug mechanisms. Since these products are minimally absorbed into the blood stream, your pain can be treated locally without concern of serious side effects and drug interactions commonly associated with oral pain regimens. Our pain creams can be used as your primary pain treatment or in combination with oral agents.
This pain relief cream has been specially formulated to optimize pain control based on the type of pain and symptoms you are experiencing. Our various cream formulations can be used to treat many types of pain caused by arthritis, trauma, surgery, sprains, muscle strains, neuropathies, radiculopathy, and chronic inflammation. Since your particular pain cream will be custom made to your doctor's specifications, it will contain a personalized combination of some of the drugs listed below:
- Amantadine and ketamine inhibit your brain’s ability to sense pain allowing these agents to effectively treat pain, including sharp, burning nerve pain.
- Baclofen reduces muscle cramping and spasms resulting from inappropriate nerve firing.
- Clonidine can minimize pain transmission and prolong the action of topical anesthetics such as lidocaine.
- Cyclobenzaprine relaxes skeletal muscles and inhibits pain by blocking nerve impulses to the brain.
- Diclofenac and ketoprofen are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) targeting the site of chronic or acute inflammation, pain, and swelling.
- Gabapentin blocks the firing of overactive neurons involved in pain transmission and sensation.
- Lidocaine, prilocaine, and bupivacaine are topical anesthetics providing immediate relief by blocking the initiation and conduction of painful nerve impulses.
- Menthol decreases stimulation of aching muscles and aids in the absorption of other drugs in the cream.
- Mexilitine and phenytoin stabilize neurons to prevent nerve transmission and decrease pain sensation in soft tissue injury.
- Morphine is an opioid used to treat severe, agonizing pain.
- Orphenadrine can alter your body’s sensation of pain and relax painful muscle tension and spasms.
- Tramadol increases levels of neurotransmitters that minimize pain sensation.
- Amitriptyline inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and/or norepinephrine, decreasing inappropriate nerve firing mediated by these neurotransmitters.